Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Alchemyst by Michael Scott





Ok so I must say this book sucked me in right away!  It is very action packed and kept me wondering what was going on.  Now for you Harry Potter fan's Nicholas Flamel created the Sorcerer's Stone, and the fact it causes the person to be immortal...however you won't see Dumbledore appear.  The author also tied in some of the different people of the Ancient worlds and mythological worlds.   It did take me a bit to read, but that is only because I was only reading it at work.  It does end on a cliffhanger, but the next book is out already, which I am thankful for..so I don't have to wait for it to come out :-p


I will say that some may have an issue with the narration of the book though.  It jumps from one character being the narrator to the next.  This doesn't bother me, but I know some people don't like it.  Otherwise I don't think this book has too much of a downfall.


So overall I give it an EXCELLENT rating!


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Heather!! :D I will see if I can create an account (again) tonight. Just wanted to swing by to see what you've been up to and this looks like ANOTHER book to put on my TBR pile!! Thanks for sharing, Prof!! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dag nab it! I saw these books in Costco, and havered about buying them. Now they're gone! What a lunkhead! At least I think they're gone -- I should go check again. Or maybe they're still available from the website!

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate I know I picked mine up originally from Wal-mart..and I picked up the latest one from Target.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...