Monday, November 15, 2010

The Magician(book # 2 of The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel)



Well this was a great follow up to the first book!  In fact it picks up where it left off with very little pause.  The fast pace adventure is still there, although I felt like it slowed down a bit when they were at Saint-Germain's house.  I think the author intended this as Sophie and Josh both needed some rest.  Perenell became more of a power player in my opinion as she deals with being in Alcatraz.  Machiavelli still is a bit of an enigma to me, at one point he seems almost likable, but still I consider him a "bad" guy...although there might still be hope for him yet(I will have to continue reading to see if that hope is true or not).  I have to say that I find this series so far to be quite entertaining, and keeping me wanting more(which is good since there is still 2 books published and 2 more that the author is finishing I think).  So I give this book the Excellent rating!






1 comment:

  1. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel... looks like another gr8 read for me, Heather!! I'll have to check into that, if I haven't already. I'm a bit in a blur right now, but meaning to get over *here* & check up on yer' new read's ratings. Thanks for sharing!! ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...