Friday, February 11, 2011

To the Tower Born Robin Maxwell



I had read this as part of a group read, and honestly wasn't sure about the whole plot line.  However when I started reading it, I was hooked.  One I do like historical fiction, especially around this time period in England.  Two the story is quite fascinating in the fact that really no one really knows what happened to the two princes.  It does have the narration from either Nell or Bessie, however Maxwell distinguishes which one is "speaking" .  Both girls are very similar so I am glad for the heads up on who had the chapter.  I also like how the stronger women presence was there, even if was more of the ambitious and scheming aspect.  It is nice to think that women of that era did have a little input on what was happening, although it does show some in bad light.  


The ending wasn't as realistic as I would have imagine, but that is part of the fictional aspect of it.  Although I do find it very satisfactory, even if it is a too much of a stretch for me.  


Over all I am giving this book:






1 comment:

  1. I had the same reaction to the ending. It's what I'd *like* to have happened, but I highly doubt it. And I was glad that Maxwell distinguished the narrator too. It would have been confusing had she not.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...