Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pride and Prejudice: The Wild and Wanton Edition Jane Austen Michelle M. Pillow




Ok so this did peak my interest a bit when I seen it as a free book for the Nook one Friday.  I haven't read the original in awhile so I wasn't able to really compare the stories as a side by side.  The "bedroom" scenes didn't really add to the story for me, I guess in a way I am a traditionalist.  However what was neat was the fact that we could get a look into some of the other character's brains.  I felt that Lydia's perspective helped into understanding why she was so flighty.


I will also say that some of the language that Pillow added wasn't needed, and definitely didn't add to the book either.  I understand that some of it was due to the characters persona, but I just could have dealt without it. 

I don't exactly regret reading the book, since I was able to look past it and see the traditional story that I do enjoy.  So my rating for this book is:


2 comments:

  1. Looks like one I'll probably skip...if you didn't really care for it all that much, I probably wouldn't either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't think you would like it at all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...