Saturday, June 4, 2011

Two Moon Princess Peggy Tierney




I must say that this was yet another good read!  The book starts out with Andrea wanting to be a knight.  Now thinking of a medieval kingdom I couldn't even imagine a woman getting as far as she did.  However very quickly she was sent to her mother to become a true lady.  She has a few issues of course, going from one to another isn't going to be easy.   And she definitely had a few issues .  I also enjoyed seeing how Andrea realized that sometimes things happen and it doesn't always take much for it to spin out of control. 


The time-travel/world travel was quite an interesting twist to the story.  I am glad that Tierney allowed for her character to spend time in the modern world.  It did seem to slow some of the story down, but it also added to it.  It allowed Andrea time to experience a different world and time, which also helped to shape the outcomes of the story.  Also it added a bit more to the issues with her parents as she learns more about them and their history.


There is a bit of romance in the book as well.  It didn't start out blaring but it did become noticeable to me at a point.  It added to the book, and was a subtle touch.  I found myself rooting for him at the end of the book. After all I am a sucker for a good romance from time to time...and this was one of those times.


Overall this book was greatly entertaining and well worth the time that I read it!  I give it my Excellent Rating!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting. I'll have to put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this blog! Just found you from a link at Book Blogs/Network Your Blog. So glad I did. :) I write epic fantasy with my first in a 6 novel series slated for a mid July release as an ebook if all goes well. Looking forward to your posts. ~Janet~
    http://jlbcreatives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...