Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interview with L.A. Jones

I like to thank L.A. for doing an interview for her book Tales of Aradia: the Last Witch. So without further ado:


Where did the idea for Tales of Aradia come from?  
It came from numerous things. I have always wondered what it would be like to write a book. In the beginning urban fantasy has always been my genre. But I was talking to my Dad once and he is into non-fiction so needless to say fantasy is hard for him to get into. So I thought to myself how can I bridge this gap so I base Tales of Aradia on a lot of issues we deal with such as growing up, bullying, the insecurity that comes with being adopted, politics, prejudice, and dealing with women in power.  

What challenges did you come across when writing the book?  
Promoting and the fact that I have no money. I know I should hire an editor, but most editors cost a lot of money so there is no way I can afford it. But most of all promoting my book and getting people to buy it.  

What was the easiest part to write?  
None of it was really easy. I have to keep my stories original, go over it a thousand times, and pour a lot of my soul and emotion into it. So much so that editing becomes hard for me.  

Do you identify with any of your characters?  
Of course. I always base my main characters on myself. Either personality or in looks. Most especially, I make redheads the main characters because there are not enough redheaded main characters in literature. In case you are wondering my answer is yes I am a redhead.   

What is next up for you?  
Once I sell enough of my books and earned enough money I plan to hire an editor.  

Your Favorites:  
Color?

Purple. It is the color of royalty after all.  


Music? 
Pop, dance, rock, hip-hop, and jazz.  


Author/book? 
War of Art by Steven Pressfield  


Character? 
Matilda from Roald Dahl.  


Food? 
I hate to say this and I am trying to give it up but McDonalds.  

Anything else you would like to share about yourself?  
I have Aspergers Syndrome. My ultimate goal in life is to have my writing be a positive influence to people. Most of all, I want to be an advocate for people with Aspergers.  

How can people contact you?  
My email is Lajonestheauthor@Gmail.com  

Any final thoughts you would like to share?  
I wish readers could keep an open mind. Many times I have been forced to read bestsellers in English class, which I consider very shoddy and yet because my writing lacks good grammar and punctuation people classify as garbage. I welcome criticism though it helps to know what I should do and how I can improve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...