Saturday, August 13, 2011

Between The Land and The Sea by Derrolyn Anderson





I got this as an ebook from Derrolyn Anderson to read and review.  I got to say that this was a nice change from some of the young adult books that I have read.  Marina is the main cause, she is extremely independent to a point it can be considered a fault...however she isn't one to lie down and take what is going on.  She is hard headed and determined, yet it isn't overly done.  Marina does what she thinks is best, and while it isn't the right choice she does grow as a character.


The story line is quite different dealing with Mermaids, but these aren't your Disney mermaids either.   These mermaids are a bit child like and yet very wild and powerful.  You can't help but fall in love with them with Marina, as well get her frustration trying to find out things(what exactly you will have to find out for yourself).


There is a love line in it, although it is more of a sweet romance.  It is also a teenage romance, so there isn't anything graphic that happens.  Maybe a few things that aren't considered wholesome but it isn't something that I would stop me from allowing a tween/young teen to read.


Also this is a series book!  So there is more that is going to happen, which I am glad since this was a great read!  I give this my EXCELLENT rating!













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...