Sunday, January 22, 2012

Special For Sundays

Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.  We’ll rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:

1st Sunday: One of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you


2nd Sunday: Two books that everyone must read and why


3rd Sunday: One of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again


4th Sunday: A book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it


5th Sunday (on the rare occassions): Random book we have read and a quickie review. 

We hope you’ll join us for this fun feature!
Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related


So this the 4th Sunday of the month(WOW where did the time go?!?!?!) which means we are talking TBR books.

I have a pretty extensive TBR pile, tower, ummm library is probably more like it.  However I am going to narrow it down to the next book I will be reading:





So the reason it is on my TBR is due to being the sequel to A Game of Thrones, which I am currently reading.  Really I got into the series from the HBO show, see I like Sean Bean and Mark Addy..plus I the previews were quite intriguing.  So when I started to watch the show, I realized I had to read the books.  So as I a nearing the end of the 1st book, I have to know what happens next to the characters!!  Now I will say that my parents have read the series, as well as a few friends and I am told not to get too attached...but how can you not!  So I absolutely need to know what will happen. And that is why this book is on my TBR pile, tower....well you get the point.  What is on yours?


3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the fansub edits that show Hitler's reactions to the fates of Ned and Drogo on YouTube? Hillarious!

    I've kind of gotten to the point where it doesn't really matter to me what happens in the series. Although Daenerys is the only character left whom I care in regards to their fate, and I'm not sure that George Martin would kill her off until at least the final book seeing as how reclaiming the Iron Throne for House Targaryen is such an intricate element to the story. But I could be wrong, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that might have to you tube it. I have seen the one where Hitler reacts to Michael Jackson's death, so I am sure it is pretty similiar.

      Yeah I know not to get attached and that it can be pretty depressing, but going to read it anyway. Once I am finished with the series I will be writing a review. I just don't think writing one for each book is going to be different from one to the next.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Game of Thrones, though I nearly picked it up at Barnes & Noble yesterday. Hmmm...might have to add it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...