Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vibrational Passage by Jennifer Dustow and Kimberly Miyasaki Lee



Jen and Kim had contacted me to do a review on their book.  I had agreed because the subject was interesting to me as it appealed to my sci-fi side. 

It isn't a long book and didn't take me long to read it.  For me it does move at a quick pace, especially once the story got to Emma Lange's involvement.  That is when the mystery started to unravel but also build at the same time.  As Emma finds one tiny piece of the puzzle out there is a bunch more questions and issues that needs to be addressed. 
 It is also the first book in a series, which I found out after I had read the book and seen a preview of the next one.  

 Emma Lange gets thrown into the mix, courtesy of Dr. Walden Sinclair.  While she does have help, she is the main person to figure it all out and decides what to do.  At first I felt that she wasn't a very strong character, but by the end of it I was actually cheering her on!  She does develop her backbone,  and  since I enjoy my female characters to be strong and able to stand up for themselves as well as others,  it had redeemed her in my mind.

There were a few things that I found to be a bit distracting from the story.  First off was all the acronyms, I get that it is science based and  acronyms are apart of science.  It just seemed like every time they talked about something, the acronym was there and then used very little.  If it hadn't been used in a while it was spelled out all over again.  It was just a little overkill in my opinion.  

The other thing I noticed was there were a few word placements that just didn't jive right with me, and also had me question what was being said.  There were only a few areas like that though, but enough for me to notice.

Overall the book is very interesting and entertaining.  It was worth reading, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...