Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin






WOW!!!! I thought The Game of Thrones was good! This one is even better!  I mean seriously the feelings towards certain characters grew or changed...of course there is always the "What the...." moments, however I am totally glad to have read this before the series started again!  At this point there are a few I want to see triumph and live happy and wonderful lives and the others well I just hope someone gives them what they deserve before the end of the series.  Which to me shows how well the story is written, if I truly hate or love a character I feel the writer has done his or her job!  Of Course Martin does that so well here, by adding fuel to the fire with the characters over our love/hate of them!


I will say one thing that did sort of throw me off was the prologue of the book, you didn't know who it was or what was going on at first.  Once I realized where it was I was fine, but it did take a bit to figure it out.  But over all it was a fantastic read! 

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read these books ever since watching the HBO show. I really hope to get around to reading it soon!

    heathercim.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Heather,

      Thanks for stopping by!! THe HBO series is what really got me interested in the books. I also had a friend at work who was reading them before the series started and was giving a synopsis about it. So I had to read it on my own. I still have the rest of the books to read, but need to get to a few other books on my TBR list first. But I plan to return to them soon!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...