Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


In honor of the 2nd season being started on April 1st on HBO, I find it appropriate to review the first two books in the series(the only ones that I have read so far...more to follow when I do get them read!)  I did enjoy this book, but it did take time to get into.  Part of my issue also was that I had seen the first season, so most of the book was review, even if I did pick it up a few months after the season had ended.  I did find the book much more detailed than the tv series, which is obvious as most books are better than the tv series/movies.

I think the characters are great and the book has you wondering what happens to them next!  Martin did a wonderful job creating a world of fantasy with so much detail.  I just love it, and the family ties and some history in the back of the book has me totally impressed!

I will say I don't like how the characters I like died, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the book!  It is  definitely one that I will enjoy again!


2 comments:

  1. I've meant to read this book for ages. One of these days, I'll actually get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if you seen the HBO special it follows fairly well...so you might be a bit bored with it, which is why another friend and I think it took me a bit to get through it. I already knew what had happened.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...