Sunday, April 29, 2012

Specials for Sundays: 5th Sunday of April

Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related

Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.  We’ll rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:

1st Sunday: One of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you

2nd Sunday: Two books that everyone must read and why

3rd Sunday: One of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again

4th Sunday: A book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it

5th Sunday (on the rare occassions): Random book we have read and a quickie review. 

We hope you’ll join us for this fun feature!


Thanks for stopping in!!!   Wow another month with a 5th Sunday.  So this week I am choosing:



This is one of the few books that I have read by Stephen King.  I am not a big horror fan, and that is how I had perceived King's books.  My mom had recommended this one, and while it isn't horror it is intense at points.  I did make it through and really enjoyed the book.  I must say that the way King weaved this story is amazing!  The characters are great, I either loved them or hated them depending on their actions.  I also have to say that the story itself is so very different from some of the story lines I have read thus far, which also makes it a great read!  Since it has to do with death row it is emotional.  When I went to see it in the theater I was crying well ahead of what was going on, just because I knew what was coming!

This is one book that I have and will read again and again, because it is just that good!


4 comments:

  1. I've never actually read a Stephen King book. I started one, but I couldn't finish it because I was TOO SCARED!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The few books I have read were more suspenseful. This is one, the other 2 are Insomnia and Rose Madder. I am told to read his Dark Tower series as well.

      Delete
  2. I liked the movie of The Green Mile.

    Here's my Special for Sundays post: http://bookishhobbit.wordpress.com/2012/04/29/special-for-sundays-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have a linky up next week to add your post. Off to check it out!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...