Sunday, June 17, 2012

Special for Sundays: 3rd Sunday in June






Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related



Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.  We’ll rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:

1st Sunday: One of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you

2nd Sunday: Two books that everyone must read and why

3rd Sunday: One of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again

4th Sunday: A book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it

5th Sunday (on the rare occassions): Random book we have read and a quickie review. 


We hope you’ll join us for this fun feature!


Welcome Back!  This week is about favorite authors so here is who I chose:

Patricia BriggsHere is a litte bit about the author from Goodreads:  
Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a natural choice. Patricia graduated from Montana State University with degrees in history and German and she worked for a while as a substitute teacher. Currently, she lives in Montana with her husband, children and six horses and writes full-time, much to the delight of her fans.


I have read two series and I want to read her other books too!  The Mercy Thompson series and the Alpha and Omega series are great Urban Fantasies!  I had found them very fast paced, and they totally capture my attention and made it hard to put the books down.  Even when I am done reading them I still wanted to know more about what happened next.  I highly recommend them, and her work

1 comment:

  1. I've read those series. I need to get River Marked at some point, but I think I'm in the mood for a complete series re-read.

    Hate how the books have gone from paperback releases to hardcovers. Now I have to wait a year. Or get them from the library if I don't want to wait. I like Patricia, but not enough to pay hardcover prices for her.

    If you'd like a nice stand-alone, The Hob's Bargain is good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...