Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Armchair BEA: Real Life Book Experience

So for today the Armchair BEA's topic is Real Life Positive Book experiences. I have 2 real life book experiences that were positive and exciting to me:

The first is going to the Deathly Hallows midnight party at my local Barnes and Nobles with my sister.  We had a rough beginning to the year and that was a fun night for us both.  The only downside was that I had to work the next day, but it was so worth it!

The second is when I got to meet one of my favorite authors for a book signing.  I happened to be going on vacation at the time, and my DBF and I decided that we weren't going away so we made an overnight trip to Pennsylvania and I got to meet Maria V. Snyder and get the Study series and Glass Series signed!  Which was a great thing for me! 

8 comments:

  1. I've also been to some of the Harry Potter midnight release parties! Unfortunately, I don't really remember much about them except how excited I was for the new book, so couldn't write about that, lol.

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember more from it since it was the first and last one I attended. Plus due to the fact it was a sister bonding moment...but we couldn't wait for the books either. My sister stayed up reading it, while I went to sleep so I can work the next day.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely awesome to go to signings! I was lucky enough to meet a few of my fave authors recently as well, and it is such a cool experience.

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely things you don't forget! It was so cool, and definitely tried hard not to be too fan girl about it. But was my highlight of that vacation!

      Delete
  3. Deathly Hallows sounds like fun. I will mention it to my local B&N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, and so glad I made time to go to it!

      Delete
  4. I love meeting authors! So much fun. I also love talking to them on twitter.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my networking post

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few that I follow on Twitter but only had a real connection with one, and it has been fun chatting back and forth. The others sad to say is that I haven't read their books yet, but they are on my TBR mountain!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...