Monday, June 25, 2012

The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson


The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)

 From Goodreads(image and blurb):
Trouble is stalking Marina. She’s already escaped the clutches of her formidable foe once, but fate has even more trials in store for her. There are evil plans in the works– plans that threaten both her and her newly found family.
As she struggles to come to grips with her unwanted powers, outside forces threaten to tear Marina and Ethan apart, making her doubt their vision of an idyllic future together. Can first love be true love?


The Fate of the Muse is the 3rd book in the Marina Tales series.  I had read and reviewed the first two books: Between the Land and Sea and The Moon and the Tide.  I really enjoyed them so when Derrolyn had asked me to read the last two books in the series I had to say yes!  I wanted to know what happens to Marina, and I had to finish the series!

Marina still is growing as a character, although she still is very independent and keeps things to herself as in the previous books.  She is still a great character.  I love that she does get mad, makes decisions for herself even if it goes against other characters desires, and does try to do the right thing.

The story line is a continuation of the end of The Moon and the Tide.  However there are a few new twists that happen which make it even more interesting.  The mermaids aren't as prominent in this books as they have been in the past, but they are still there and a focus for Marina.  When I finished this one I had to immediately

This was a great summer read!  I was happy to find that while it had been awhile since I had read the first two books I didn't feel lost or left out since major points where nice reminders were placed.   I did enjoy this one and I give it my Excellent rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...