Monday, June 4, 2012

Kicking off Armchair BEA!!

Welcome to first time visitors and those that frequent often!  This year I have chosen to participate in the Armchair BEA.  Today is visiting the others participating.  So we have 5 interview questions to answer and here are mine:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
Well I am Heather, aka HP(my intials, not just a Harry Potter Fanatic LOL).. I work full time and blog in my spare time.  I have been blogging since October of 2010 due to a suggestion from my sister, and knowing a friend started a book blog herself.(The story is on my about me page)  Basically I just enjoy sharing the books that I have read.

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I am currently reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin.  As far as a favorite book, I can't decide...but if you look at any of my reviews that have a Love It rating, consider it a favorite!

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I did my first 5k this past April.  I wasn't prepared for large hills so I didn't run it all, but I only finished a few minutes behind my sister who ran more than I did.  I was very proud of doing the first one, but I need to find another so that I can run it all!

What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I love the Special for Sunday's meme that I co-created with my friend Ems from In Which Ems Reviews Books.  It allows us to participate even when the offline life gets busy!

Where do you see your blog in five years?
First off I plan on still blogging!  I will probably have the name changed again.  I will probably change the design(hoping to be able to afford one to be designed for me by then).    I would like to have more reviews posted  but I think that might be a bit lofty unless my reading time is greatly increased.  Otherwise I think doing what I can to participate in weekly meme's, visiting other blogs, and being as active as I can without burnout is what I will continue to work on

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around!

31 comments:

  1. You have a lovely blog. Glad I found you throughh BEA. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks Tami!! I am glad you stopped by! Enjoy the week!!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Heather! Dropping by from the Armchair BEA. :) Wow, 5k! I tried running but I barely make it alive to 3k. I think I might hurt people on the way to 5k. :p

    See you around,

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Len,

      If you pace yourself you could do it! I know I never thought I would but I did run a flat 5k prior to the race...so believe me when I say if I can do it so can you!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your 5k run! Considering I can't even run 1k, that's VERY impressive! Also, that series by George R.R. Martin is fantastic! I still need to read the newest one.

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with book 3, but will have to wait on book 4 until I get a few reviews done! They take me a while to get through, which I don't like to hold up those waiting for reviews.

      Delete
  4. I love your blog and your answers! Hope you have fun during Armchair BEA!

    Debz @ Debz Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debz! I hope you enjoy the Armchair BEA too!

      Delete
  5. Good for you for completing a 5K! That is awesome!! I am 8 months pregnant right now and I have been considering running as the way to get back in shape after the baby is born!

    I LOVE Ems!! I have been seeing her Special for Sundays posts and I think they are a great idea! I will have to remember to hop over here and see yours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon it is a great way to get back into shape if you stick with it. I had done the race and haven't run since, although tomorrow morning I do plan to change that and go for a run. Not sure how well I will do, since I will be adding in the hills this time! LOL

      I just adore Ems, she is one great lady!!

      Delete
    2. Oh Shannon, I love YOU!!

      Delete
  6. Happy armchair BEA. I have started to train for a 5k so congrats on the achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vik! I need to retrain, and use the hills which I plan on doing tomorrow morning. Have a great week with the Armchair BEA!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the 5K! Even though you didn't run the whole thing, that's a huge accomplishment. I want to do the 5K Color Run sometime--it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to do the Color Run too, it does look like a ton of fun!!! I just couldn't make it to the 2 that are close by me. Maybe next year the dates will be better!

      Delete
  8. Hi! Nice to meet you! I absolutely love your blog design and congrats on your 5K, that's awesome! Enjoy Armchair BEA!

    My Armchair BEA Intro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Debbie!

      Thanks for stopping by and I am so glad you like my blog design! Enjoy the Armchair BEA

      Delete
  9. Nice job on the 5K! I'd love to participate in one but I'm totally not a runner! ;o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    PS - Come check out my introduction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mickey!

      I honestly didn't think I was a runner either until I started doing a couch to 5k program, then I realized I could enjoy running. Plus I feel that if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!

      I do plan on stopping by your blog, just ran out of time tonight..but will try to get to it this week!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on that 5K! Nice job - know I couldn't do it.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my intro

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to get away from the computer and out for a run. I wish I liked running... biking, though, I love.

    Stopping by for Armchair BEA - thanks for sharing your intro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a bike, and it is a nice break from my job, housework and playing on the computer. I do have to drive to get to a good place to run though. I haven't been on a bicycle in a long time and then it wasn't one that had gears! I would like to try it sometime though!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your 5K, that's so impressive! Hope you enjoy Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! So far I am enjoying the Armchair BEA!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your first 5K. I miss running, can't do it anymore because of my knees, so I have to live vicariously through those that still do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! That sucks about your knees, but hopefully you know enough people that are still running to enjoy and motivate them!

      Delete
  14. Yay for you tackling a 5K! That was one of my new year's resolutions this year, and I actually just got back from running. I'm a sweaty mess. Hopefully I'll be entering a 5K sometime in the fall :-)

    Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my Armchair BEA intro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5k was my goal for the year, I still want to run a full one, but I need to get training again. I am planning on running tomorrow morning to get myself back on track and the area I go has hills so I won't be discouraged by them again! Good luck with your training, and have fun with your race when you do sign up!

      Delete
  15. You're so my hero for doing running things. Running is my evil enemy. It makes me want to kick puppies or something, and that would make me a very bad person indeed. :P

    Love that you're doing Armchair BEA! This'll be SO much fun! (and maybe next year, we can both go to BEA for reals!!)

    Love your guts, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I got to say that I need to get off my rear and do the running thing, which I plan on doing tomorrow morning. It has been too long, and thinking about it I miss it.

      Yes Kicking puppies is wrong! :-p but you found so many other things to do, and for your weight loss you are my hero! I really try to get focused but I get derailed easily, then it goes downhill for a bit.

      I would love to go to the BEA but not sure if $$$ will be there. We will have to see when the time comes.

      Love ya!!

      Delete
  16. Congrats on your first 5K! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...