Sunday, July 29, 2012

Special for Sundays: 5th Sunday in July

Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related





Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.  We’ll rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:


1st Sunday: One of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you

2nd Sunday: Two books that everyone must read and why

3rd Sunday: One of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again

4th Sunday: A book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it

5th Sunday (on the rare occasions): Random book we have read and a quickie review. 


We hope you’ll join us for this fun feature!


Welcome Back!!! This is the rare occasion where we get do a quickie review on a book we have read.  Since starting this blog I haven't not reviewed a book here.  So I am going to go back and choose a series that I didn't love which is the His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman.  I wanted to read the series before seeing the movie as the movie looked pretty good.  However after reading the book I decided not to see the movie.  


I thought the books moved so slow until the last couple of chapters where it would pick up and give me hope for the next book.  When I got to the next book I was disappointed because it started out and I had absolutely no clue as to what is going on.  This works with some series, with this one I found it very detracting.  I honestly kept hoping that it would be good, but unfortunately I found it disappointing.  I won't be reading this series again.




3 comments:

  1. hi Heather! i saw The Golden Compass. i didn't get it so i decided to buy all 3 books thinking that i would be able to gain a better understanding. i went through all 3 but the more i read, the more i got confused. i'm glad i'm not the only one. lol.
    i might try and read them again someday though.
    anyway, i've been reading this meme since it started. i wanted to join but got caught up in so many things then. but now i'd like to tell you that starting next Sunday, i'll be participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always glad your aren't alone in your opinion! and Yay for participating! You are more than welcome to participate when you can. Part of the best thing is if you have time to schedule your posts you can, which is part of the reason it was designed with a schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i look forward to it and the schedule is really a very good idea.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...