Sunday, August 5, 2012

Specials for Sundays: 1st Sunday in August

Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related





Special for Sundays is an original feature, created by Heather of ‘Heather's Opinion on All Things Book Related’ and Ems of ‘In which Ems Reviews Books’.  We’ll rotate each week through various subjects, as follows:


1st Sunday: One of your Favorite Books and why is it so special to you

2nd Sunday: Two books that everyone must read and why

3rd Sunday: One of your Favorite Authors and why you pick their books up again and again

4th Sunday: A book on your TBR list, why you picked it, and when do you hope to read it

5th Sunday (on the rare occasions): Random book we have read and a quickie review. 


We hope you’ll join us for this fun feature!


Welcome Back!!! This week we are discussing favorite books!  Here is one of mine:





From Amazon
So I chose The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.  I had found this one during one of my perusals of Barnes and Nobles.  The idea of Anne Boleyn's story told from her sister's perspective was what had hooked me.  I read it and loved it!  I had even seen the movie, and think the book is just sooo much better!  If you are looking for a great historical fiction book about the Tudor era, check this one out!!


3 comments:

  1. hi Heather! i got so engrossed with the movie the first time i saw it and i've seen it a few times more on HBO. very interesting and intriguing but i have yet to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i keep getting errors with the link tool so here's the link to my post 01 Special for Sundays 08.05.12: my favorite book

      Delete
    2. I am so sorry you are having troubles...Em and I will check it out and hopefully have more success next week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...