Monday, February 25, 2013

Second Chance Grill by Christine Nolfi


From Nolfi's request:

Dr. Mary Chance needs a sabbatical from medicine to grieve the loss of her closest friend. But when she inherits a struggling restaurant in Liberty, Ohio she isn’t prepared for Blossom Perini. Mary can’t resist falling for the precocious preteen—or the girl’s father. The bond they forge will transform all their lives and set in motion an outpouring of love that spreads across America.

Nolfi asked me to read and review Second Chance Grill, and I immediately jumped at the chance.  The reason is that I have loved her previous books Treasure Me and Tree of Everlasting Knowledge.  Plus Second Chance Grill is the prequel to Treasure Me, so I wanted to return to Liberty and experience the characters and charm of the town.

Let me just say that if you haven't experienced any of Nolfi's writing you are missing out!  She is very talented in drawing the reader in and holding the attention until the very end!  Also you connect with the characters to the point that you experience the joys and sorrows that they experience.

Second Chance Grill is another great read!  All the elements that I love about Nolfi's writing is here.  The story drew me in quickly and I just wanted to keep reading.  In fact at the end of the story my e-reader died, and I had to let it charge just enough that I could finish it.  I was that involved that I was not happy that I couldn't finish it right then.  Especially as emotionally charged as the ending was, even though technically I knew what happened, I needed to experienced it!

The characters are great!  Having Mary and Anthony narrate the story is great, since both have things in the past that needed to be revealed.  Blossom, while had to deal with a lot for a teenager, has the typical teenager mood swings.  Plus all the other native characters you grew to love from Treasure Me make their appearances as well.

So if you can't tell you really ought to pick up this book and the others by Christine Nolfi!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I'm so sorry your eReader died during the read! Many thanks for the lovely review.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...