Monday, July 29, 2013

The Many Lives of Lilith Lane by E.V. Anderson

From Amazon(image and blurb):

When Lilith Lane's little sister is snatched from her bedroom and turns up dead two weeks later, a reclusive scientist with secret motives offers Lilith a second chance to save the girl. Jumping between alternate realities as she races against space and time, Lilith gives up more and more of her innocence as she uncovers the dark forces at work in her idyllic farm town.

I was approached to review The Many Lives of Lilith Lane as the Plympton was rolling out Kindle's serial reads.  It was published in episodes and when the last episode came out it was also released in paperback.  I got an e-copy and read it straight through like any other book.  This is volume 1 with my hope of a volume 2.

This was another short read, I read it in 1 day.  The story was well paced and kept you guessing as to what happens next and who is the bad guy truly is.  I think if I read as it was originally intended as the episodes I would be very upset with cliff hangers all the time, but I do know the suspense of knowing what happens next would also help to add to the charm of this mystery!


Lilith did some detective work as a child(she even gives us her credentials!) but gave it up to be grown up.  When she is given the second chance she picks it back up to save her sister.  Jumping between realities gives her the unique opportunity to realize mistakes she has made and the choices she had/has are related to what happens around her.  She does grow in my opinion and tries to make amends for some of the bad choices she made.

If you are looking for a great Young Adult mystery/sci-fi then check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...