Monday, October 21, 2013

Adventures with Buster by London Pickett

From Amazon:
"Adventures with Buster" is a children's book that will entertain and educate readers about guide dogs and blindness. This is the first book in which London Lake Pickett shares experiences she has had with her guide dog named Buster.
London had approached me to read and review Adventures with Buster, and being an animal lover I agreed!  

This is a great children's book and very easy to read.  There were several points I could imagine a child giggling to as they see the picture or imagine what is happening.  The story line moved pretty quickly.  It is a chapter book, but it isn't too long.  I will say there are a few "big" words for children but it wasn't too many, and if a parent is reading with the child it can be easily explained/looked up. 
Overall it is a great book that I think children and parents both will enjoy together!  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    This looks like a good book for children. We're always looking for books to read to the grandchildren.
    Hope you're well. I'm doing OK with my lung cancer but dealing with the side effects. Since I don't get out as much as before, I love visitors so please stop by at my blog and say hi.
    Sincerely,
    Mike
    PS My last posting is "Blood Brothers" By Zimmerman maybe you could check my Amazon review and see if you felt it was helpful.
    http://mikedraperinguilford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...