Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Four Wishes by Christine Nolfi


From Nolfi's request: Meade Williams has a successful company, an ailing father and a secret desire to find love at last. A new man in town intrigues her—but she isn’t prepared for the surprising events that will change both their lives.

Meade isn’t the only woman in town confronting hard choices. Dr. Mary Chance isn’t sure the time is right to expand her family. Birdie Kaminsky has married the man of her dreams, but yearns to grow closer to her powerful sister. And young Glade Wilson must confront the daunting truth that she’ll become a mother before finishing high school.

Welcome back to Liberty, Ohio where the heartwarming stories of love, friendship and family life unfold in unexpected ways.

I was approached by Christine Nolfi to read and review Four Wishes, her most recent work.  Since I have enjoyed her previous works( Treasure MeTree of Everlasting KnowledgeThe Dream You Make, and Second Chance Grill) and honestly was eager to travel back to Liberty I quickly agreed.  Just like the rest of her books, Four Wishes is a wonderful and beautifully written story!

Four Wishes is apart of the Liberty Series, so I am familiar with characters and honestly I enjoy seeing what new adventures they are experiencing.  I will say(and hang my head in shame) that I haven't read book 3 The  Impossible Wish yet, however not knowing the full story I was not behind as Nolfi does a great job making the series work as stand alone books and fills in the gaps needed for each book.  I didn't feel like the pace of the book was hurried, nor did it slow down.  I will warn you though that Nolfi does like to add in emotional elements, so you may need just a couple of tissues near by for those moments.

While there are characters that are misunderstood, there really isn't a villain.  It is more about life circumstances and the outcomes from it.  You learn to love even the most unlikable character(which I think you will be hard pressed to really find one) because as their story begins to unfold you find out more about their circumstances.  The characters have become like old friends that I get to visit and I do hope that Nolfi continues with the Liberty series.

Oh and before I forget, the timing of this review and post could not happen at a better time since today is Christine Nolfi's birthday!!!!  I hope you have a wonderful day made perfect for the wonderful writer that you are!!





1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for the wonderful birthday present, Heather!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...